Most of my experience as a media professional has come from working at TV stations and non-profits. I find the non-profits more rewarding.
State Office of Risk Management
February 2012 – Current
- Produces safety videos and campaigns that enable the State of Texas to lower injured worker claims.
- Project manager for the relaunch of the SORM website.
- Authors content of website and maintains an up-to-date narrative of safety-related issues.
- Provides support for all education and information initiatives both internal and external to the agency.
Robot Monster Creative
November 2010 – Current
- Produces video content including product reviews, commercials, long-form productions, niche programming, and promotional campaigns on various digital platforms.
|Media Relations Coordinator
Washburn University AmeriCorps VISTA Program
November 2009-November 2010
- Created promotional videos, connected with local media outlets, wrote press releases, built websites and lead AmeriCorps VISTA marketing initiatives in Northeast Kansas.
June 2007-October 2009
- Produced local programming, promos, and commercials for Conway’s cable system.
- Responsible for weekly production of “Channel 5 Kids Club with Cadet Kelsie,” high school sporting events, city council meetings, televised specials and the talk show “Common Ground.”
- Managed part-time videographers and producers for Channel 5 productions.
January 2007-June 2007
- Videographer/Steadycam operator for public television documentary “In Their Words.”
- Interviewed World War II vets and curated their stories for interactive website www.InTheirWords.org.
|Creative Services Director
July 2005-October 2006
- Responsible for all marketing and advertising for two commercial television stations.
- Produced, wrote, shot and edited brand building on-air promotion for stations and website.
- Coordinated on-air inventory to maximize reach and effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Managed department budget.
- Created and coordinated live events that generated brand awareness.
August 2002-July 2005
Oklahoma City, OK
- Responsible for all marketing for 6pm and 10pm newscasts.
- Produced, wrote, shot and edited brand building on-air promotion.
- Coordinated nightly on-air inventory to maximize reach and effectiveness of marketing strategies.
|The University of Kansas
- Graduate with two B.S. degrees in journalism (Broadcast News and Broadcast Management)
- Skilled writer with the ability to communicate in a number of different styles
- Proficiency editing digital video with non-linear systems such as Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Avid, Discreet Logic, and Sony Vegas
- Experience using Adobe programs such as Photoshop, After Effects and Dreamweaver
- Trained to shoot video on a variety of formats including DSLR’s
- Experienced coding in HTML and Linux
- Ability to create interactive multipurpose DVD’s
- Skilled using Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding of personnel management and relationship building
- Experienced outside media buyer
- Think Big Topeka – Created public awareness campaign to lure Google Fiber to the capital city of Kansas.
- Friends of the Faulkner County Animal Welfare Unit – Works dog adoption drives and special events.
- CASA of Pulaski County – Produced training DVD for volunteer in-service program.
- Southern Arizona Center Against Sexual Abuse – Charter member of Men’s Anti-Violence Partnership board.
- Christmas Connection, Oklahoma City – Shot promotional video to help raise funds for program.
- Pets and People, Oklahoma City – Worked dog adoption booth numerous Saturdays.